Unit 2 Reflection

 As I stated in my portfolio post, I chose three friends of similar age to me to answer my potential research questions. This means that, overall, I’ve chosen my own generation to be the audience for my pitch. The reason I chose my generation is because of the pitch content itself – my generation uses technology the most out of any other generation, which means that we are affected most by technology’s advances. Most of us are in school as well, taking writing classes, so the development and usage of AI will definitely affect our ability to produce pieces for class. AI is also of hot interest in today’s day and age, so it’s easy to reach people of my generation who are interested in the subject. I’ve used various forms of social media to reach my intended audience about the subject of AI, and not surprisingly, I’ve gotten a lot of responses and opinions that have aided me in developing my work. 

In doing research for this project, I challenged myself to look at sources that weren’t just articles. I looked more towards the video side of things to make my piece more engaging, especially with the audience that I chose – I know for a fact that most people of my generation would rather watch a video on YouTube rather than read a hefty article. So, I mainly focused on videos that could help me with this project. For the most part, I would say the sources I’ve gathered were reliable. I found I didn’t need to have too many, since the sources that I chose contained a lot of information that I could use. I even used an image that I took myself of me playing around with ChatGPT’s capabilities. I feel that conveying information visually in such a way is more impactful than reading a block of text. In terms of further research, I’m sure there are plenty of more YouTube videos out there that explain AI’s capabilities with writing. I could even take a video of myself playing with ChatGPT and other forms of AI to show just how intelligent it really is.  

I would say I was successful in engaging my audience. As I’ve stated previously, I reached out to three friends for the research question homework assignment, and I’ve also taken the liberty of using social media to my advantage. I posted on my Instagram story about how people of my generation felt about the evolution of AI such as ChatGPT, and I’ve gotten an overwhelming amount of responses and feedback.  

I liked how this project challenged us to use other forms of media to convey an argument rather than just a wall of 2000 words. When it comes to showcasing something for a job or for a class, I definitely plan on using this approach. I’ve found that doing things this way makes your piece much more engaging, so especially if you’re trying to advertise something to someone, using other forms of media can draw in a lot more people.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 2 Draft

Unit 2 Portfolio

Reddit